A monday evening post, since I am doomed to be up late working on a country report with the kid… I was planning on writing a post about about how people are herd animals, but that may have to wait, because I have to give thanks to my friend fairbetty, who has graciously mentioned my blog on her far superior one…I am soo flattered, I am not sure what to do, but I have heard that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so I will imitate her last post with
7 things you don’t know about me!
1. I am claustrophobic. Probably not exceedingly compatible with synchrotron work, but I really didn’t realize I was claustrophobic until I worked on the beamline. I just thought I was American, with a really large personal bubble…
2. I love sunrises, even if I don’t love getting up for them. The hush of the world awaking, followed by the morning avian serenade/cacophony always makes my early horse show morning.
3. Once on a family vacation, I beat all my uncles and my dad at poker, deftly lightening their load of quarters. They never played with me again…
4. I made college freshmen cry when I was the General Chem Head TA. The waitlist numbering system was a personal god to the froshies, but I was told it was not valid by the Chem department. And so I dispensed valuble lab spots by chance…ignoring sad stories.
5. I have a hard time eating fruit. I had a babysitter when I was young who would force me to eat fruit after I had finished my packed lunch. I would plead with her that I was full, and she would keep shoving the fruit at me. Now as an adult, I struggle to enjoy fruits, and I have gotten better- I ate grapes and an apple the other day!
6. I have started a couple of novels that I keep thinking that I might finish someday…
7. I love speed (ok, you might have guessed that).
I promise, that poeple-as-herd-animals post is coming up!